Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sloppy Joes

Whenever I hear sloppy joes, I think of the SNL skit with Adam Sandler singing, "slop, slop, sloppy joes." Anyone else? No? Nevermind. I typically don't enjoy sloppy joes. It reminds me of a child's food, but then again whose to say I can't enjoy simple foods. However, I don't think I've ever had homemade sloppy joes. I normally have Manwich or the likes. So if you typically snub sloppy joes, first try this recipe. It was so yummy! It had a nice sweet taste. I actually doubled the recipe because I like mine, "extra sloppy" (billy madison? anyone?)

1 lb ground beef
1/4 c chopped onion
1 t garlic powder
2 t mustard
1 1/2 c ketchup
6 t brown sugar
salt to taste
black pepper to taste

In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and onion; drain off liquids. Stir in garlic powder, salt, pepper, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.

1 comment: