Monday, May 18, 2009

Dad's Fried Chicken

Technically this isn't my Dad's recipe, he got it from somewhere but I don't know where, all I know it's some good oven fried chicken. Often when I would visit my Dad on Sundays he would make this with mashed red potatoes (with the skin still on), gravy, green beans or salad. It was always delicious. After many failed attempts at making fried chicken I got the recipe from my Dad and use it on Sundays, call it tradition.

Boneless, skinless chicken breast (depending on how many people are eating)
1 cup flour
1 bread crumbs
1 egg
1 T water
1/4 c margarine
1/4 shortening

Preheat oven to 425. In a 9x12 baking pan melt margarine and shortening in preheating oven. Meanwhile, whisk egg with 1 T water. Dip chicken in flour then egg then coat in bread crumbs. Place in pan of melted margarine and shortening. Cook for 30 minutes, flip chicken and cook for another 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Depending on size of chicken may only take 20-25 per each side. Serve with your choice of sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment