Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shrimp and Feta Cheese Pasta

This is a great meal with shrimp. It's light and flavorful and very simple to make. I made a few alterations by using Italian seasoning instead of just oregano and basil and a can of diced tomatoes instead of fresh and I think it turned out great and was ready in about 20 minutes. And for you seafood haters (though you really should enjoy seafood it's good for you) I bet you could throw in some chicken or sausage instead.

4 T olive oil
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 T white vinegar
1 lb spaghetti noodles
1 can diced tomatoes
Italian seasoning
1 pkg crumbled feta cheese

Bring a pot of water to boil and place pasta in and let good until al dente, drain. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet heat 3 T olive oil. Heat tomatoes, garlic and vinegar. Add shrimp when pasta is close to being finished. Add Italian seasoning to taste. Cook until shrimp turns pink. Mix together pasta and shrimp mixture. Toss with feta cheese and serve. Serves 5.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good. I think I will try it tonight. Also, if you ever want some fresh basil or oregano, our little plants (basil is little, oregano is monster) produce way more than I could possibly use. Especially since the husband leaves town so often, what's the point of cooking great food for myself and someone who will only eat hot dogs?!

    ReplyDelete