Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Aroma Rice Cooker

My all time favorite kitchen gadget is the Aroma Rice Cooker 5-in-1. I received this three years ago as a wedding present and it is used at least once a week. Not only does it cook rice, it can also steam vegetables. Plus this one is even better than the one I have because it offers TWO steaming trays. I highly recommend a rice cooker if you don't have one already. I prefer this rice to minute rice and it is what I will use repeatedly in recipes. I always use two cups of water to one cup of rice to achieve sticky rice.

If you don't have a rice cooker and don't want to run out and get one (though you should, Target has a great selection) you can boil your water in a saucepan, add rice, reduce to simmer and cover until rice is tender, usually about 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. we have rice all the time. brown rice is healthier and i try to cook that but it takes twice as long to cook and sometimes I just can't get it started in time. i love our rice cooker, ours is a steamer too but i've never used that part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally have that exact rice cooker! I use it all the time. Love it. I usually do half white, half brown. the brown tends to be just a little bony in the rice cooker, but we just eat it that way anyway.

    ReplyDelete