Thursday, April 30, 2009

French Fries

Some days after taking care of a little one I don't have energy to make dinner, but I still want to provide something for my husband and I, without having to get take out. I keep a bag of Tyson chicken nuggets in the freezing in a quick fix. Then I grab a large baking potato and make some homemade french fries. They are delicious and so much better than McDonalds or Wendy's fries. These are great for any side and take no time at all.

1 large baking potato
2 c vegetable oil
seasoned salt

Without peeling, slice the potato into long strips. In a frying pan pour vegetable oil, make sure it's enough to cover the potatoes. Heat oil on high. Put potatoes into frying pan and cook until golden brown. Place potatoes on paper towels to absorb oil. Sprinkle seasoned salt to taste. Serve.

Serves 2

1 comment:

  1. Seriously girl. You AMAZE me. You were always the domestic chef of Snow 102 and now look how far you've come! I keep checking back and telling my self "I am so going to make that." Now that finals are done we'll see what happens! Thanks for all the great ideas. I always check your family blog as well to get ideas about baby stuff. LOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete