Thursday, April 23, 2009

Teriyaki Wraps

Recently I've tried to establish one night a week that is a meatless meal, for the purpose to save money and to cut back on meat. It hasn't gone over well with my husband but I still try. Teriyaki wraps are a light meal with lots of color.



Teriyaki Wraps

1 cup rice
2 cups water
2 T olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 small yellow squash, chopped
1 1/4 c teriyaki sauce
3 T soy sauce
2 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt
1 t black pepper
4 whole wheat tortillas

In a saucepan bring 2 cups of water to boil, add rice. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. *Or cook your rice in a rice cooker. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, pepper, zucchini and squash until onions are tender. Stir in teriyaki sauce. When vegetables are tender, stir in the cooked rice, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Place 1/4 of the rice and vegetables in each tortilla, and roll up. I add a little Parmesan cheese.

*I cut out the soy sauce and extra salt because I make my own teriyaki sauce and I don't want too much sodium

Teriyaki Sauce

3/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c honey
1/2 c sugar
1 clove garlic
1/2 t ginger

1 comment:

  1. Did you get this from allrecipes.com? it looks like one that I just made. It wasn't as filling for Chris, but he doesn't like onions and peppers so his was more bland than mine (big surprise!). Love the new blog!

    ReplyDelete