Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Orleans Barbecued Shrimp

I grew up on this recipe. It is one of my favorite shrimp recipes, it has a lot of flavor and is really simple to make. Just serve it over some rice and add a side of green beans or a salad. This makes enough for two with leftovers for one. Add more shrimp if serving for more.

1 lb peeled & deveined shrimp
1 stick of butter or margarine (I prefer margarine)
1/8 t ground red pepper
1/4 t salt
1 t garlic salt
1 t barbecue spice (seasoned salt)
1/8 t paprika
1 1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
1 lemon sliced

Rinse shrimp well, cover with cold water 1 tsp salt and lemon. Refrigerate 1 hr. (If I'm in a rush I skip this step, and it still turns out delicious). In saucepan melt butter on low heat. Add all other ingredients. Mix well, pour over drained shrimp. Cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Serve over rice.

3 comments:

  1. do you have to cook it in butter or would olive oil work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know that one of your labels says "uner 30 minutes"? it made me smile.:) Do you ever use ground beef or ground turkey? I usually keep some on hand frozen as a sort of staple for when I haven't gone grocery shopping in a while. but I'm wearing out all the same recipes over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use butter. Olive oil is not the same. It won't cause you to get fat.

    ReplyDelete